Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Drama

"I never saw another butterfly that was the last the very last"

Terezin Children

Today was the final day and the final performance of our play I Never Saw Another Butterfly. Anthony Duane and David Nerrow took lead roles in the play playing Raya who was one of the survivors of the Ghetto Terezin. Other boys from our class had different non lead roles in the play such as Reid Monahan and myself. Ben Kelly was also a lead role playing the teacher who taught jewish children in concentration camps. The play was about the kids of Terezin who were not allowed to be taught but went to secret school. It may seem like a cheerful story but it wasn't in fact tens of thousands of kids went through Terezin only 100 survived. It was a very meaningful play and I feel it was well portrayed. Thanks to Ms. Toner who put it all together, the rest of the cast and everyone who came out to watch.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It was a sad story but we can't forget about the holocaust because if we do that then we might let something like it happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take this as a compliment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete